A personable approach to research that delivers new ideas, practical actions and creative output with a difference
Synergy was launched in January 2016 by Mike Jeanes who has 25 years’ consumer research experience on both the agency and client side working for some of the worlds’ largest media brands.
Mike’s career has focused on exploring consumer product and service needs, evaluating market trends, and providing innovative research and insight solutions. The results have helped direct product and brand development, secure significant advertising investment and demonstrate ROI for clients. Mike’s project findings are frequently presented at conferences, or feature in white papers. Some have won awards, and others have generated significant press and social media engagement.
Positioning research at the heart of any business, Mike has a passion for seeking out innovative research approaches that deliver new ideas, practical actions and creative outputs. This is the ethos of synergy, and the service on offer for brands of all types, shapes and sizes.
Synergy is an independent and personalised research and consulting business offering three distinct services: synergy research, synergy consulting and synergy solutions.
Mike has an extensive network of market research partners in addition to designers, producers and cameramen to support the synergy service and deliverables.
Current clients include Thomson Reuters, GlobalWebIndex and Publicitas
Synergy research offers a tailor made project service using a range of methodologies and approaches to address individual client needs and objectives. These can be UK only, or multi-market or global projects.
Synergy research looks for new and engaging ways to connect with consumers in group environments, panels or depth discussions. Synergy’s approach provides clients with a deeper understanding of the opinions, motivations and aspirations of existing, lapsed or potential customer segments.
Synergy research provides a survey project service to accommodate client needs covering questionnaire design and scripting, data tables and analysis using either existing client databases/panels or sourcing external sample.
- Exploring audience profiles by frequency/loyalty groups
- Exploring customer retention and conversion
- Understanding brand, product and service needs
- Exploring audience engagement with brands, products and services
- Market sizing and identifying growth opportunities
- Identifying audience points of difference
Brand and sector insights
- Evaluating corporate/brand image
- Exploring levels of satisfaction with brands, products and services
- Identifying points of difference and ‘brand uniqueness’
- Advertising and content testing and development
- Impact of cross-platform communications
- Sponsorship and branded content effectiveness
Synergy consulting offers a more integrated partnership approach for clients that could involve setting up a research function, or using a research and insights driven approach to address specific business and marketing issues.
- Setting up, directing and supporting the day-to-day running of research departments for clients
- Preparing research audits and plans
Market and brand evaluation
- Market positioning analysis
- Desk research and trend evaluation
Synergy research and consulting projects can be supported by tailored outputs that bring research to life using a portfolio of creative solutions.
These include presentations, graphics and promotional videos, and can be offered as part of existing research and consultancy work, or as a stand-alone service.
- White papers
- Executive summaries
- Video and graphics